Monday, September 12, 2011

Beekeeping Course

Now that I have this beekeeping course under my belt at the Prince Georges County Community College, I can replicate the syllabus in the District.  I have received numerous emails from folks asking about courses in the City, so now, let's see if we can get a few of you committed.
Here is how the course would be structured:
  • 3, three-hour sessions at my home in Georgetown on a Saturday;
  • Maximum class size of five;
  • Each participant will build and take with them a basic 10-frame hive;
  • Included is lots of time on the roof with the bees (ladder-climbing required);
  • Each participant will get a discounted price on bees in the Spring to start their new hive;
  • Beside the hive, the course will include a textbook (The Backyard Beekeeper) and a veil.
  • Course cost: $300.

Thinking about doing this in October/November.

Any interest?

email me at jeff@dchoneybees.com

No comments:

Post a Comment