Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ordering Package Bees

I am starting to reach out to apiaries around the country to check pricing and availability of package bees in the following species:
  • Minnesota Hygienic
  • Buckfast
  • Italian
  • Russian
Apiaries typically begin taking orders in November and sell out quickly.  I am looking forward to testing out these different strains and providing colony splits to our friends and sponsors.  Key for me is taking delivery of the packages as early in the spring as possible to take advantage of our mild weather and early nectar flow so we can get some 1st season honey from these hives.  Two of these packages will go into our Sponsor hives in the Mount Vernon Triangle.

If you are thinking of starting a hive this spring please let me know at info@dchoneybees.com and I will make certain to order you a package.

No comments:

Post a Comment