Sunday, September 26, 2010

Some Results of My Splits Experiments

  • On the split into the small nuc where the fail queen reappeared....dead colony and the queen has gone awol.
  • On the other half with the queen cells...cells now hatched.  I have not looked into that hive yet, but next week hope to see some eggs to verify we have a laying queen there.
  • On the splits with the original two B Weaver queen introductions....one hive is going gang busters and the other is very quiet in spite of the queen running around.  I did not see any eggs so am fearful that this queen may be on her way out.  
  • On the split with the 3rd B Weaver queen I rescued from the ball of bees...now accepted by the colony, released from cage, and I will check for viable brood next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment